Skip to main content

Report a Sewer Spill

Delta Diablo (District) is responsible for sewer service calls in the Bay Point / Shore Acres community.

To report a sewer blockage or overflow problem, please call the appropriate number:

  •  Bay Point                     925.756.1900
  •  City of Antioch            925.778.2441
  •  City of Pittsburg         925.252.4936

Frequently Asked Questions: 

My drains are clogged and sewage is backing up in my bathtub. What should I do?

Report the issue to the appropriate agency according to the location of your home using the numbers listed above and request to have the main sewer line in the street checked. If the main is clear, you may need to contact a sewer drain and cleaning company, or a sewer contractor for help.

The plumber says that the problem is in my sewer line in the street, past the sidewalk. Will you fix it?

Homeowners are responsible for the maintenance and repair of their own building sewer and lateral pipes, up to and including the connection to the District’s main sewer line located in the street.

Why do I need a permit to fix my own sewer line?

The District has permit authority and inspection jurisdiction for sewer repairs for the unincorporated area of Bay Point, and you must obtain a permit before starting any work. You or your contractor can obtain a permit by applying online at, calling (925) 756-1900 x1343 or emailing Properties in Antioch and Pittsburg should contact their respective cities.

Your crew was working on my street, now my toilet is making a funny noise. Why?

Typical industry cleaning equipment uses high-pressure water to clean sewers. During this process, air within the main pipe is displaced and sometimes goes up the private lateral pipe and releases through the toilet. This is sometimes referred to as a “bubbling toilet”.