WE ONLY ACCEPT WASTE FROM THE FOLLOWING JURISDICTIONS: Antioch, Bay Point, Bethel Island, Brentwood, Byron, Discovery Bay, Knightsen, Oakley, and Pittsburg.
The Delta Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility has reopened with special COVID-19 safety requirements. Please be aware of the following requirements before visiting the facility:
- Face coverings are optional when dropping off waste at the facility, except when entering the Reuse Room where face coverings are required at all times. Contra Costa County recommends face coverings for all unvaccinated individuals.
- Customers must remain in the vehicle at all times when dropping off waste.
- All waste must be placed in the trunk, rear truck bed, or rear compartment of a van or hatchback. No waste will be removed from vehicle cabs.
- Please have your driver’s license available for verification of residency in the service area. Facility staff are utilizing a new contactless reader to collect information. Place the backside of your license against the driver’s side window to be scanned.
Hours of Operation
The facility is open on the following days, except holidays:
- Thursday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Saturday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
The facility is closed on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- The Friday after Thanksgiving
- Day before Christmas Eve
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- All days between Christmas & New Year's
Delta Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility
2550 Pittsburg-Antioch Hwy
Pittsburg, CA 94565
(Note: For mapping apps try entering 2550 Arcy Ln, Antioch)
The facility is available to the residents of the following East Contra Costa County communities:
Antioch, Bay Point, Bethel Island, Brentwood, Byron, Discovery Bay, Knightsen, Oakley, and Pittsburg. You will need to show proof of residency - such as a utility bill or driver's license.
Other Contra Costa Communities
If you live outside of East Contra Costa County, please use the appropriate facility as listed below, or visit http://www.earth911.org/
Alamo, Blackhawk, Clayton, Concord, Clyde, Danville, Lafayette, Martinez, Moraga, Orinda, Pacheco, Pleasant Hill, San Ramon, Walnut Creek, and other Central County unincorporated areas:
CENTRAL CONTRA COSTA HHW PROGRAM
4797 Imhoff Place, Martinez
Crockett, El Cerrito, El Sobrante, Hercules, Kensington, North Richmond, Pinole, Port Costa, Richmond, Rodeo, San Pablo, and Tormey:
What Is Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)?
Household hazardous wastes (HHW) are the leftover or unused portions of chemicals and products used to clean and maintain your home. These materials are often labeled CAUTION, WARNING, DANGER, POISON, TOXIC, FLAMMABLE, or CORROSIVE.
For safety and environmental reasons it is illegal to dispose of HHW in the garbage, sewers, or storm drains. Please take these materials to the Delta Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility.
Acceptable Waste: What You CAN Bring
|Home & Garden Products||Automotive Care Products||Paint & Paint Related Products||Personal||Misc.|
|Care Products||Oil||Latex paint||Pharmaceuticals||Light Bulbs (all types)|
|Products||Oil Filters||Oil based paint||Hair care products||Electronic Waste (TV's computers, etc.)|
|Liquid cleaners||Antifreeze||Stains||Lotions||Mercury thermometers|
|Drain openers||Transmission Fluid||Glazes||Cosmetics||Sharps|
|Solvents||Gasoline||Waxes||Nail polish remover||Propane tanks|
|Grouts||Car Wax||Wood oils||Perfumes||Helium Tanks|
|Cements||Car Polish||Paint thinner||Colognes||Household batteries|
|Caulking||Car Batteries||Epoxy resins||Insect Repellent||Cooking Oil|
|Sealants||Degreasers||Wall paper products|
|Lighter fluid||Wheel Cleaners|
Unacceptable Waste: What you CANNOT Bring
Appliances (contact Contra Costa Waste Recycling Center & Transfer Station,
925.473.0180. Brentwood residents call 925.516.6090. Additional information can be found at http://www.cccrecycle.org or by calling the Recycling Hotline at 1.800.750.4096.
Asbestos (contact Altamont Landfill, 925.449.6349.
Compressed Gas Cylinders, except propane and helium (contact local gas suppliers).
Infectious or Biologically Active Materials (contact Contra Costa County Environmental Health Department, 925.646.5225. Ext. 200.
Radioactive Materials (contact Contra Costa County Environmental Health Department, 925.646.5225. Ext. 200.
Railroad Ties/Treated Wood.
Tires (Call 1.800.750.4096 or visit http://www.cccrecycle.org. Brentwood residents call 925.516.6090.
Explosives or Ammunition (contact local law enforcement agency).
Packing & Transportation Requirements
Please follow these guidelines when preparing to drop off HHW at the facility:
- Materials must be packaged in sturdy, non-leaking containers no larger than 5 gallons. Original containers are recommended.
- Small, leaking containers can be individually placed in ziploc bags. Larger containers should be placed in separate, covered, and non-leaking containers for transport.
- Five-gallon plastic buckets are available at most hardware stores and make good transporting containers.
State regulations limit the transportation of HHW to 15 gallons or 125 pounds per vehicle, per visit. Individual containers are limited to a 5-gallon capacity. There are no limitations on the number of trips per day.
The Household Hazardous Waste Program is made possible because of the joint efforts of the following partners: