Skip to main content
- Delta Diablo operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days per year.
- Serves over 200,000 residents in Antioch, Bay Point, and Pittsburg (wastewater treatment).
- 54 square mile service area.
- Average daily wastewater flow is 12.4 million gallons.
- 2016 "Platinum 13" National Association of Clean Water Agencies Award, recognizing 13 years of perfect compliance of the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES).
- 2016 Governor’s Environmental and Economic Leadership Award (GEELA).
- 2016, 2012 and 2008 Best Medium-Sized Wastewater Treatment Plant in California Award from the California Water Environment Association.
- 2016 Community Engagement & Outreach Person of the Year Award from California Water Environment Association.
- 2016 East Bay Innovation Award received from the East Bay Economic Development Alliance.
- Beneficial reuse of over 90% of biosolids.
- Operates one of the largest industrial recycled water plants in California, providing 6.4 million gallons a day of recycled water for industrial and irrigation uses.
- Performs street sweeping functions.
- Conducts storm water inspections.
- Undertakes Pretreatment/Pollution Prevention Program for industrial customers.
- Manages the Delta Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility for 338,158 East Contra Costa County residents.
- Actively exploring new renewable energy sources: biosolids-to-energy, solar, grease-to-energy, and food-to-energy.
- Lead agency for four regional Coalitions:Western Recycled Water Coalition (22 agencies)East County Household Hazardous Waste (6 agencies)East County Integrated Regional Water Management (11 agencies).